Technical Architect – Angular / React
- Portugal | Lisbon
- Full Time
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Front-end Architect to create and document architectures for front-end applications.
He is in charge of reviewing the implementation of applications following code standards and style guides and building amazing financial applications in frontend technologies. Architects are a key part of our development team which is responsible for turning our innovative experience designs into enterprise-class web applications. He sets the workflows for his teams that guarantee everyone uses the same tooling; having scalability, maintainability, and robustness as his goals.
Analysis and building of UI Pattern Libraries (Design Systems, UI Kits, etc.) will be part of his daily work.
Windmill is a boutique digital product delivery company. Our team of designers, strategists and engineers love to create great experiences. We design and develop delightful and functional digital products that solve tough problems and enable new opportunities for enterprises in complex industries, such as banking & finance, healthcare and compliance.
For more information, please check the company website at https://www.windmillsmartsolutions.com/
As a professional in this position, he has the following responsibilities:
- Participating in and/or driving architectural discussions for new frontend applications
- Working closely with business, product owners, designers, developers and delivering enterprise solutions.
- Lead front-end code reviews with his teammates.
- Run reviews to guarantee the structure and design of the applications follow the standards and guidelines.
- Run scanners to ensure the application he is building is secure and doesn’t have vulnerabilities
- Solve complex CSS and HTML compatibility issues in legacy browsers.
- Review the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and Section 508 are being satisfied in the project.
- Optimize logic-less templates using Front-end Template Engines.
- Generate documentation about UI architecture, interactions and behaviors with REST APIs or any other mechanism to process data (GraphQL, etc.).
- Document and assist in defining the functional and technical requirements of different applications.
- Evaluate new frameworks and tools that can be integrated into the existing applications without breaking previous implementations.
- Implement front-end development workflows: building systems, dependency management, quality checkers (linting).
- Create pattern libraries and style guides according to the project’s requirements.
- Run performance tests and solve issues as they appear.
- UX/UI sensibility: using technical abilities and creativity to design and develop exceptional interfaces.
- Passionate about programming from a purely scientific skill into an art.
- Communication skills: clearly communicate complex ideas and proposals. Understanding problems clearly, break them down and propose solutions.
- Critical thinking style: deconstruct a problem into its base components and figure out the most effective way to solve it.
- Learning as an ongoing process: challenging himself to learn new skills, languages, and technologies.
- Team player: Efficient and effective collaboration with other team members, always keeping teamwork in mind while coding.
- Effective time and task management: Able to organize and set priorities accordingly in order to meet all deadlines set.
- Graduated with a degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Minimum 10+ years experience in frontend development and engineering
- Deep knowledge of Angular framework and commercial experience of 3+ years
Tooling / Workflow
- Git and social coding platforms Bitbucket, Github, Gitlab.
- Package management: npm, yarn.
- Testing: unit testing, e2e testing.
- Accessibility tools: Tenon, SortSite, Axe, WAVE, etc.
- Guidelines and coding conventions: HTML5, CSS (SMACSS and BEM).
- Redux, Flux or any other data storage architecture.
- Reactive programming.
- Functional programming.
- Component-based development and integration.
- Performance driven development.
- HTML5 APIs
- Advanced CSS features such as Flexbox, animations, CSS Grid.
- Preprocessors: LESS, SASS, CSS frameworks like Bootstrap.
- Responsive Web Design and Development (includes device debugging).
- Accessibility: WCAG 2.0 AA and AAA. Section 508.
- Advanced TypeScript
- D3 based charts
- Angular component libraries
- Competitive compensation
- Become a part of our international team
- Interesting tasks and challenges
- Opportunities for career enhancement
- Friendly Environment
- Opportunity to make a positive impact on the team
If you’ve got the skills and experience and want to join our international team, please send your CV immediately!