Senior Leader – Windmill Lisbon
- Portugal | Lisbon
- Full Time
We are looking for an inspiring Leader for our Lisbon location to run the projects and manage the team and office. This is a key role which will grow and lead our Portuguese software development team so they can deliver high quality applications to our clients and stakeholders.
The role is a combination of Programme Management and Location Lead. The team currently works with a strategic anchor client in Switzerland as part of a long-term banking transformation initiative. The MD Lisbon would also be responsible for a small number of staff based in Switzerland as part of the engagement, and for a small team of engineers in Ukraine.
Windmill is a boutique digital product delivery company. Our team of designers, strategists and engineers love to create great experiences. We design and develop delightful and functional digital products that solve tough problems and enable new opportunities for enterprises in complex industries, such as banking & finance, healthcare and compliance.
For more information, please check the company website at https://www.windmillsmartsolutions.com/
- Overall accountability across all Portugal business deliverables – setting goals, measuring progress and facilitating success.
- Grow software delivery team from 20 to 50 people by mid-2021.
- Successful execution and delivery of projects.
- Manage all country operational activities: People Care, Operations, Accounting, Legal, Recruitment. Ensure a well run entity, with happy and motivated employees.
- Track and manage profitability of the anchor client programme.
- Culture evangelist setting positive example for all staff.
- Maintain excellent relationship with executives at anchor client, helping set and drive the vision.
- Maintain and improve governance for client engagement, including visibility of progress, tracking and management of risks.
- Ensure continuous improvement across all aspects of programme and location management.
- Represent Lisbon team and its capabilities throughout the global Windmill organization
- Senior management experience in setting up and delivering software projects to prestigious corporate clients, preferably within financial services. Note: Does not need computer science educational background.
- Experience managing large and varied teams.
- Engaging personality, can develop meaningful relations with executives.
- High level of English language proficiency with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage and mentor other managers and project teams.
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Regular trips to Switzerland.
- Competitive compensation
- Become a part of our international team
- Opportunities for enhancement
- Friendly Environment
- Opportunity to make a positive impact on the team
If you’ve got the skills and experience and want to join our international team, please send your CV immediately! =)