Engineering Manager – Java/J2EE
- India | Pune
- Full Time
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced and organized Engineering Manager to join our team. You’ll play an important role in helping our development teams to deliver high quality applications to our clients and stakeholders.
Windmill is a boutique digital product delivery company. Our team of designers, strategists and engineers love to create great experiences. We design and develop delightful and functional digital products that solve tough problems and enable new opportunities for enterprises in complex industries, such as banking & finance, healthcare, and compliance.
For more information, please check the company website at https://www.windmillsmartsolutions.com/
- Build out and lead a team of engineers and devops (at least 2 Scrum teams initially) to develop a new SaaS product which integrates with customer on-site infrastructure.
- Ensure the team delivers high quality code using best practices/patterns, considering various NFR like security, performance, scalability and high availability.
- Participate in and drive architectural discussions.
- Ensure best-in-class development practices applied across web, mobile and backend, including code reviews and refactoring.
- Lead the estimation process.
- Oversee effective product deployment to various environments for testing and launch.
- Stay abreast of latest technologies and patterns and proactively find ways to apply them to the business problem.
- Communicate effectively with customers, product owners and developers.
- Motivate, mentor and support team members.
- 10+ years of developing products (financial services sector would be ideal, but not mandatory).
- 5+ years experience managing and structuring development teams.
- Deep understanding of Software Product Development & Release Life Cycle.
- Deep knowledge and minimum of 5 years’ experience in Java and J2EE technologies.
- Extensive experience in Java technology frameworks including: Spring Boot, JUnit, JDBC, JPA and Hibernate.
- Strong in fundamentals like data structures, algorithms & problem-solving skills.
- Experience with designing and developing microservices-based, linearly scalable applications.
- Expertise in working with databases both relational and non-relational.
- Expertise in AWS S3 / Azure, REST API and web services. Good to have knowledge of GraphQL.
- Experience with static code analysis tools like SonarQube.
- Experience with UNIT and integration testing using JUnit.
- Good foundation in information security practices.
- Experience with Agile Scrum Methodology.
- Manages time successfully, prioritizes effectively and meets deadlines.
- Demonstrated strong managerial and influencing skills.
- Excellent communication skills for interaction with customer and team.
- Graduated with a degree in Computer Science or Information Systems.
- Competitive compensation
- Make a difference by leading creation of a brand new product
- Become a part of our international team
- Opportunities for enhancement
- Friendly environment
- Opportunity to make a positive impact on the team
If you’ve got the skills and experience and want to help lead our international team, please send your CV immediately! =)