Product Owner – Financial Services – Lisbon
- Portugal | Lisbon
- Full Time
We are looking for a detail-oriented Product Owner who is focused on user needs in the Financial Services industry to be an integral part of our delivery team. As a Product Owner, you will play a key role in assisting all stakeholders in defining, gathering and documenting requirements in order to support, work with and guide our teams to create innovative digital experiences and enterprise class applications efficiently.
Windmill is a boutique digital product delivery company. Our team of designers, strategists and engineers love to create great experiences. We design and develop delightful and functional digital products that solve tough problems and enable new opportunities for enterprises in complex industries, such as banking & finance, healthcare and compliance.
For more information, please check the company website at https://www.windmillsmartsolutions.com/
- Accountable for the definition and delivery of client products and the overall success of the client relationship and product quality.
- Work with clients in the Financial Services industry and provide subject matter expertise on processes and solutions associated with digital platforms and software.
- Act as the main client liaison and point of contact in regard to product definition and release roadmap. Create constructive and positive relationships with clients. Work directly with them to understand their business goals for the software and objectives for the project.
- Create sequence diagrams and ERDs.
- Work with the Scrum team to provide vision and direction and to ensure that the software project delivery meets the business and technical goals and delivers the “right solution”.
- Work with design, development and QA personnel to elaborate user stories, defining acceptance criteria, and prioritize items in the backlog.
- Analyze, assess and document new ideas and requests, considering risks, opportunities and impacts.
- Play an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of release/sprint goals.
- 10+ years of experience as a Product Owner working on enterprise software development projects. Business Analysts looking to make the move to Product Ownership also considered.
- Experience working with digital financial applications.
- Solid and demonstrable experience working with Financial Services systems.
- Solid technical knowledge of software product development practices and technologies, including requirement management, UI/UX design practices and frameworks, Agile/Scrum
- Experience with UML and other modeling diagram techniques
- Understanding of business needs, including how data is used and managed, business rules, and functional design in the Financial Services industry.
- Confident working in a dynamic and collaborative international work environment.
- Ability to guide a team of professionals with various roles and be able to help them to collaborate and come to an agreement and acceptance on a solution or path.
- Outstanding and professional communication and presentation skills, with fluent English
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Creative thinker with a vision and the ability to articulate it.
Would be a plus:
- Experience as a Scrum Master, certification preferred
- Competitive compensation
- Become a part of our international team
- Interesting tasks and challenges
- Opportunities for enhancement
- Friendly Environment
- Opportunity to make a positive impact on the team
If you’ve got the skills and experience and want to join our international team, please send your CV immediately!